Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm back!!

So it's now September! I haven't been to diligent in keeping up with my blog,have I?

Lots has been going on...June 19-27 I went on a cruise to Alaska with my sisters Michelle and Kim. WONDERFUL adventure!
July 4th, we had reunion for cousins only on my Macias side at Kim's house here in San Diego. It amazed me how many of my cousins barely knew others. We had a good turn out and plan to have a reunion annually. Next year it will be in the northern part of the state.
Then on July 8th, I had both of my knees replaced at the same time!! yep! Bilateral Total Knee Replacement. I know, what was I thinking?? As I write, it's been almost 10 weeks since the surgery. I spent 4 days, 3 nights at Sharp Coronado Hospital. Then discharged from there and transported across the Coronado Bridge to La Jolla Nursing and Convelescant Home for 14 days of physical therapy. What an adventure!!!
I am still not back to myself, but I am learning how to be patient with myself. I keep having little setbacks, but know that they too will pass!

No comments: